SEATTLE, Wash. – A lawsuit has been filed after an E. coli outbreak left 17 patrons of a Mexican restaurant extremely sick.
The suit detailed the struggle of a 9-year-old girl who visited the emergency room three times with bloody diarhhea and vomitting after visiting the restaurant.
The restaurant shut down last week for sanitization and was approved for reopening Wednesday.
The suit, filed in Snohomish County Superior Court, alleges the restaurant was negligent in preventing the outbreak.
Public health officials have been working to identify any specific food connected with the illnesses. Owners of the restaurant are cooperating with public health staffers to find the source of the bacteria.
If you or someone you know has suffered injury or food poisoning from consuming contaminated food, you have the right to hold the food provider accountable.
Contact the Kenosha food poisoning lawyers of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® at 866.499.4700 for a free initial consultation. We will discuss your case and further legal options.